Our former national capital – Ninh Binh – is famous for its charming beauty and superb scenery which can captivate a myriad of people’ hearts.
Here there is large plain surrounded by rolling mountain, which is not only beautiful but also convenient to be arrayed against the possible aggressors. Here there is also a very well-known mountain and cave called Mua Cave – such a very strange name derived from folk tales. The legend said that when the emperor Tran moved the capital to Hoa Lu, he built Thai Vi hermitage and often visited Mua Cave at the foot of the mountain to enjoy the dances of beauties and concubines; thus these caves are named “Mua Cave”
Mua Cave is located in Khue Dau Ha village (Ninh Xuan commune, Hoa Lu, Ninh Binh) at the foot of Mua Mountain. This bell-shaped mountain is approximately 800 square meters. The road up the mountain was built based on the model of the Great Wall’s architecture with 486 stone steps. In Mua Cave, visitors shall be overwhelmed by majestic landscapes of mountains. From the top of Mua Mountain, you can admire the whole beauty of Tam Coc also. Recently Mua Cave has been constructed as an ecotourism destination combined with a superb rock climbing & bouldering site.
A variety of activities
• Biking around the valley in a Ha Long Bay-like landscape
• Taking a 2 to 3 hour sampan ride to explore Tam coc
• Visiting Thung Nham Bird garden or Hoa Lu by bicycle
• Climbing the mountain to take in panoramic views all over Tam Coc
• Touring local pagodas and temples
• Visiting major tourist attrations in Ninh Binh including Bich Dong Temple, Tam Coc Cave, Thung Nang Valley, Trang An Cave, Bai Dinh Temple, Van Long Cave and Phat Diem Cathedral