Nguyen Cong Tru Temple, also known as Truy Tu Tu, located in Quang Thien Commune, Kim Son District, Ninh Binh Province, is a place for worshipping Nguyen Cong Tru and the ancestors exploited Kim Son.
After many restorations, Truy Tu Tu still exist and has been renovated to be beautiful as it is now. The temple was built in the style of “Dinh” letter with a 5-room Tien Duong and a 3-room Hau Cung. Since Nguyen Cong Tru died, every year, on November 14th lunar month (the day he died), the people of Kim Son District held the feast of Nguyen Cong Tru in Truy Tu Tu for three days. On the 13th is Yet Cao sacrifice, the 14th is Chinh Ky and the 15th is Ta sacrifice. During those holidays, there are women coming to the feast with the Dan Day lute, the simple castanets and sang the Nguyen Cong Tru’s Ca Tru songs.
- Location: Nguyen Cong Tru Temple is located along Highway 10, 2km Phat Diem town, Quang Thien commune, Kim Son.
- When: November 13th to November 15th lunar month
- Meaning, Purpose: remembrance acknowledgment Nguyen Cong – an economist and a prominent poet in the history of modern Vietnam.
- Nguyen Cong Tru Temple Festival is the biggest celebration of the coastal residents Kim Son district of Ninh Binh province to thankful for desiring of Nguyen Cong Tru. The festival takes place from November 14th to November 16th lunar month to commemorate the day of his death.
- The worship: Offering incense at the temple, Nguyen Cong Tru Quang Thien commune, Kim Son district. There is usually involvement of many villages in Kim Son district. It is a unique festival with the participation of both Buddhist and Christian.
- The festival: Organization games on river branch of Vac, a special festival of coastal residents. The festival also has a singing competition “ca tru” – types of folk that related more to Nguyen Cong Tru.
The festival lasts for three days. On the first day, the 13th of November of lunar calendar, they will hold worshipping” yết cáo” considered as an opening ceremony to report to Nguyen Cong Tru about achievements and jobs local people have gained during this year. On the following day, they hold worshipping” chính kỷ” . In this day, they carry out a procession with sophisticatedly carved floats and colourful flags to honor Nguyen Cong Tru. During that time, many local people dress up in old-fashioned clothes, sometimes even wearing them at work. In the festival, visitors can watch wonderful performance of singers with “ đàn dây ” and “ phách’ as well as enjoying “ ca trù” ( a traditional folk song of Vietnam ). Moreover, there are many interesting outdoors activities like kylin dance, a swimming competition on the An River or fun games such as human chess, wrestling, tug of war.On the last day, the 15th of November of lunar calendar, there is “ tạ” ceremony to end the festival.
If you concern about Ninh Binh attractions, please contact us for more information. Share this article if it is helpful for you!